CAREERSKCC is committed to providing a rich cultural experience for children. We’re looking for loving and qualified team members to join us.
Come join the KCC family!
KCC experiences allow staff to learn and develop skills that will enhance job marketability while fortifying excellent management and personnel skills. Hot summer days, continuous schedules, campers pushing limits and high expectations of following camp policies and protocols are just the beginning of KCC culture; however, all of this is nothing compared to the benefits one realizes after the summer has faded. Special bonds with campers and staff alike are the key to what makes KCC a special place that gives back to its staff and participants!
The purpose of Kids and Culture’s Counselors-in-Training program is to provide children ages 13-16 an opportunity to further develop their leadership skills by providing assistance to KCC staffers and campers. CIT participants will gain real life experience by mentoring campers, developing the personal, professional, and technical skills necessary to become an effective youth worker, while being immersed in cultures from around the globe!
- Work with experienced KCC instructors to help CIT develop into positive mentors.
- Participate in team-building and problem solving exercises (both real and hypothetical).
- Develop appropriate communication skills and proper work etiquette in a fast-paced educational environment.
- Sessions with KCC Directors regarding how to start, run, and maintain a successful business.
The CIT program follows the same schedule as Kids & Culture Camp’s 3-12 year program. This year’s spring program is April 15-19, 2019. The summer program runs July 1- July 26, 2019.
We ask that CIT participants enroll for a minimum of 2 weeks. If you desire to enroll for 1 week only, please send an email to email@example.com.
CIT Regular Camp $100 per week from 9:00 AM -3:00 PM
CIT Before Camp $30 per week from 7:45 AM – 9:00 AM
CIT After Camp $30 per week from 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
VIEW THE APPLICATION PROCESS
2. Applications will be reviewed and forwarded to KCC’s Directors.
3. ALL CIT participants require approval by KCC’s Executive Director or Assistant Directors. Preference is given to past Kids and Culture Campers who have aged out of the 3-12 year old program.
4. Applicants who are accepted into the CIT program will be notified via email. You will have 72 hours to complete the registration process and remit the applicable fees. CIT will be issued a registration group code that must be used in order to complete the registration process. Please do not share the group code with others.
5. CIT participants are required to attend a staff orientation meeting. Additional information about the orientation will be posted on the website.
6. Failure to adhere to Kids and Culture Camp’s Code of Conduct and policies in the Staff Handbook will result in withdrawal from the program, and no refunds will be honored.
How to Apply
Click here to apply. Click the Employment & Volunteer Application Link. Next click “Add.” There is no charge to apply. Enter your email address and create a password. Complete all applicable fields in the application. Please indicate N/A or NONE if the questions are not applicable.
After completing the application, you will receive an email confirmation with instructions on how to upload your resume. Counselor-in-Training applicants are encouraged, but not required to submit a resume.
Applicants who are accepted into the CIT program will be notified via email. You will have 72 hours to complete the registration process and remit the applicable fees. CIT will be issued a registration group code that must be used in order to complete the registration process.
Hover over a box to reveal more information.
Assistant Teacher. Organizes, implements, and assists in overseeing all in class cultural activities. Prepares a minimum of one lesson plan per week that is focused on the cultural theme. Ensures the safety of campers and that all class activities and lessons are age appropriate and completed within a scheduled timeframe.
Art Teacher. Provides culturally relevant and educationally stimulating art instruction for campers.
Before Camp Director. Works with Assistant Director to develop and coordinate all before camp activities between 7:45 am and 9:00 am. Works with Assistant Director to ensure that before camp is staffed appropriately.
After Camp Director. Works with Assistant Director to develop and coordinate all daily after camp activities between 2:45 pm and 4:45 pm. Works with the Assistant Director to ensure that after camp is staffed appropriately
- Chess Teacher
- Music Teacher
- Science Teacher
- Foreign Language Teacher
Work at KCC
We like to expand young minds. We need incredible and passionate people to help us grow young learners. Work with us to teach curious minds, take on a supportive role, or even help lead KCC.
If you have already submitted an online application, click below to access your account and upload additional documents.
Saturday, June 1, 2019
8:30 AM – 3:00 PM
DC Bilingual, PCS, 33 Riggs Road, NE Washington, DC 20011
What to Bring
Summer Employee Checklist
- Complete online application and upload resume and CPR Certification
- Complete Background Check form
- Complete Secondary Screening form
- Read and sign Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct & Confidentiality Agreements
- Submit 3-5 Sentence Bio
- Complete all Employee or Independent Contractor paper work
- Complete Payroll form
- Complete Mandated Reporter Training Online and submit certificate
- Select lesson plans to use during camp
- *Write 1 lesson plan per week that you are teaching and upload to Dropbox
- Submit supply lists for all weeks that you are teaching. Use a separate sheet for each week.
- Brainstorm ideas to decorate your classroom
- Meet with co-teacher to plan out your week(s) (see sample detailed weekly plan in Dropbox)
- Upload copies needed for use during camp in the shared Dropbox folder. Specify the exact quantity, double-sided, and color or black and white by saving the document name codes: D=double sided, C= Color, BW= Black & White, and the quantity, and S= Single. (e.g., Japanese Garden.15.C.D.JAMIA).
- *Watch presentation videos from Teacher Workshop (not mandatory but strongly suggested to help prepare)